torn fins on my plec!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv got a 130 litre freshwater tank that's bin up n running for around 15 months now and iv got a plec that's approx 2 years old that we'v had for 8 months or so and all has been fine until yesterday! I notices he had holes and tears on 1 of his small fins that I'd never noticed befor so I tested the water and found no problems at all with the condition of it (no ammonia no nitrite 5-10 nitrate and a ph of 6.5 - 7 and it seams to of been settled at these levels 4 a while now) so I put a dose of fin rot medicine in last nyt. Has anybody else had this sort of problem before and is it fin rot or possibly something else? I do have 4 black widow tetras that r a little nippy but I can't imagine they'd bother with someting much bigger like a plec, would they? His behavior has been pretty normal tho, il try n post some pics.

Anyway thanks for lookin

Attachments

• image-3034749868.jpg
    image-3034749868.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2010513170.jpg
    image-2010513170.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 79
I do around 15-20% weekly, iv treated it for fin rot and over the last few days it has improved loads so all should b fine now :)

Yes, you treated, but you need to find out why it happened so it doesn't happen again. :(
I change 50% of my tanks water every week, maybe you should try doing a little more?

Back
Top Bottom