Trauma ==> Fin Rot ==> Untreatable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexgcali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
20 gal Penguin 150 (carbon removed for meds) 100W heater Stresszyme + Nitraban Tetra food, 9 months old. 17 W light. 7 rosy barbs 3 tiger barbs.

The 4th tiger barb was damaged in transfer by a net frame. I think he has some internal non-critical injury. He was upside down for about 24 hours, then he righted himself. He still floats with his anterior end pointed down (hes tilted forwards slightly), but his level and swimming power are improving.

The same fish started getting fin rot and has been in high salt and API anti-fungal for ~36 hours. I think the rot is progressing though.

Is it possible that his internal injury has weakened his immune system so much that the fin rot is incureable?

Or does the anti-fungal take a few days to totally stop the rot?

Thanks/

The anti-fungal usually takes a few days before you start seeing results. He could be stressed from the injury, and that would make the secondary thing get worse. :(
Good luck, and sorry for the late reply!

no worries about the lateness.

Sadly he did not make it. Though his tank mates were totally with him until
the last moment in life. Then a couple of hours laters they were playing like never before. Haha!

The more I watch fish the more the seem like people.

Sorry about your fish. :(

My fish crack me up, especially my bettas. They LOVE it when I tape a mirror up to the side of the tank so they can strut their stuff, and they literally strut too LOL.

Back
Top Bottom