treating ich with aquamaster multi-cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveho

Aquarium Advice Freak
well 4 days ago i noticed a few spots on one of my rams. now i would normaly just treat with heat and salt or just heat but its a planted tank with scaleless fish (pleco and corys). so during day one i put in the first half dose (as recomended for scaleless) and i have also turned the heat up to 84. after three days i noticed considerably less spots and as recomended and performed a 25% water change and redosed. ill keep you posted on the progress.

oh forgot to mention the aqua master multi cure is a prity general treatment for ich, fin rot, velvet etc its just a mix of malachite green methylene blue and acriflavine

well the blue ram who had the initial ich problem has fallen extreemly ill hes lost all his colour and was on deaths door so as a last ditch method i mixed up a light salt water solution and seperated him into it. seems to be helping but it will be rocky over night

i have heard that aswell but i was hoping to reduce the time under the high temp for the neons and time under meds for the plants/biofilter by combining heat and meds. a bit optimistic i know

well hes still alive but no better off im at a loss as to what to do he has no colour and just lays on his side at the bottom of the tank breathing heavy....any ideas??

Lots of clean water. Don't expose him to any pH changes, temp changes, medication or too much salt. Unfortunately I see this a lot when ich meds are used. All you can do is hope he makes a recovery. Keep his tank dark to avoid unnecessary stress.

well unfortunatly i lost the ram who i blame for the ich in the first place... treatment wise i cannot find another spott on any of my fish so next water change i will not be adding anymore meds but i will leave the temp up for a few more days

Back
Top Bottom