Treating my sick angelfish bacterial infection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyKirby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I thought a journal might be helpful in case someone else goes through something similar.

Day 1. I noticed his eyes and abdomen were very swollen and started looking for symptoms online, I decided to wait another day since the fish was happy and eating as normal. I hoped it was just costipation. (1st pic)

Day 2. I wake up and see him much worse, his eyes are almost falling out (2nd and 3rd pic) . People were suggesting epsom salt but there was no where to be bought in a local store in sweden and I could not wait for it to arrive in the mail. I had JBL ektol bac plus Fluid at home and decided to give it a try. It is said to work for a broad spec of bacterial diseases in fish.

I quarantined the fish in a 15g/54l aquarium and followed the instructions.

I checked on him multiple times during the day, and after about 10 hours i could see his eyes and belly was returning back to normal! (4th pic)

He will stay quarantined for 24 hours for observation and if all is good he will return to his friends in the 60g/240l tank. I still havent seen any poop in the tank yet but it might be the filter just sucking it up.

I will update this thread once i am back home and take more pictures on how he looks today.

My Google results showed nothing positive, just that it might be dropsy and that the fish will most likely mot make it, I am glad i decided to treat and I am positive he will make it through. IMG_20200620_145104.jpgIMG_20200621_100704.jpgIMG_20200621_100324.jpgSnapchat-1127269682.jpg

Back
Top Bottom