Tumor on pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexFishKeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My bristlenose pleco has grown 2 or 3 odd yellowish lumps right along the side of his face, appearing within 3 days. At first I thought it was his bristles finally growing in, but it has become too large and discolored. Could it be a tumor? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391468808.331777.jpg

Arnold says " it's naht ahh tumahhh", but seriously tell us about your tank! Age? Temp ? Water test results? Everythinggggggg, and we can better assist you in your fishies time if need!

It's about 4 months old, ammonia at .2-.25 ppm, nitrite at 0ppm, and nitrate at 5ppm. Ph is around 7.7, and temperature is 78 F or 25 C. It's 20 gallons with fake plants and 3 other inhabitants, all rummynose tetras who seem to be pretty lethargic and aren't eating all that they should be. Other than a moss ball and algae, all the plants are fake, along with the root decoration. There are plenty of real rocks however, which I boiled before putting in. It's a pretty bright environment; tan to brown gravel and green "plants".

What size? Zit should not have any ammonia readings, rn tetras are a bit sensitive, if they're not happy than chances are your water needs help, how often you change water?

Back
Top Bottom