Two of my Zebra Danios are lethargic and not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 5 Zebra Danios (Glofish) and 1 Betta fish in a 10 gallon tank (the Betta doesn't bother the Danios and vice versa since my Betta's pretty calm but will chase danios away if they're too hyper around him, but there've been no fighting between the two.

I just got the Danios about a week ago (from Walmart :nono: ) and I've had about 3 Danio deaths so far and it's getting disheartening. I started with 6 and I've had to keep getting new ones to keep the number at 6 or more.

Yesterday was my 3rd death, and before all of their deaths, they've had a bit of lethargy, but no other outward signs. One of the danios stopped eating yesterday and only swims enough to stay in place and appears to be gasping. The other is a bit more active, but not by much. The other three seem to be playing for the most part and my Betta is fine (He's acting normal).

The Yellow Danio has some shredded fins, but it looks like they were torn by the filter and not nipped off.

I don't know what to do? :confused: Please help!

Back
Top Bottom