Unhealthy tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

locorosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just cycled a new 92 gallon tank for my fish and of course, they have Ick now. They are still in the 35hex and I am using the higher temp and salt method (their goldies so I'm not sure they'd like 86*).
When they are cured and I move them out, should I treat the tank as well? I was thinking the 86* temps for a week or two?
We will be stocking it with a few tropicals and easy plants.

Thanks in advance!

I'd treat the tank just in case. Goldies will do ok in high temps, use an air pump for extra oxygen if you don't already have one.

I've got the tank the goldies are in at 80*. Are you saying to raise the temp in the empty 92gallon after I put them in to be safe? I also have two oscillating power heads in there so I'm good for oxyen.
Heck, if that's the case, what am I waiting for...I can put them in the new tank. They're three days into the treatments now.
So...can I stock?

Nope, I wouldn't let those fish touch the new tank yet. Most people agree that you should treat for ich until two weeks after the last visible sign. Otherwise you're likely to see it over and over again.

Bummer...I figured it was too good to be true. Lol!
Besides that, I don't want to vaccuum a 92 gallon tank when I can keep them confined to a 35...lol.
The cysts fell off a couple of days ago so I figure I have another week+
Thanks for the help Depot!

Back
Top Bottom