Originally Posted by libertybelle
Also what is his set up. Tank size/ tankmates/ water parameters (ammonia/nitrite/nitrate and temp at minimum).
A picture would help, as clear as you can get.
Getting him to eat isnít the priority. Sick fish donít feel like eating (do you when you have the flu!) focus on getting him better and the eating will come.
Tank is 4gal, ammonia 0, nitrate/nitrite unknown but I do regular water changes, temp is constantly at 80į exactly. And yeah, I guess the eating thing is true. I just donít want him to starve to death. Itís been five days almost and I can already see him thinning.
So do you think the white strings could point at parasites? One of the pictures shows a white string along his dorsal fin which is why I was thinking it could be bacterial, since theyíre on his body; that and the parasite medication is doing absolutely nothing useful :/