Unknown fish disease please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfishie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So today I was looking in my freshwater 15 gallon tank and I noticed that my Corydoras Haraldshultzi otherwise known as Harald Shultz's Cory was looking pale and was breathing very shallowly and had small fin damage and couldn't swim or eat. I was like crap my fish is really sick so I looked it up and some people said it might be columnaris but I wasn't sure. Came back home few hours later and my fish is dead :( . I want to know what it is and if the rest of my fish will be okay and if not what I should treat it with. It is too hard to really see what is wrong with him so I don't really want to put a pic in. Also I was thinking of putting some furan 2 in but I am not sure if that would help if my other fish were susceptible of getting it.

If the surviving tankmates aren't displaying symptoms, not a good idea to blindly medicate.
I suggest doing a 50% WC & closely watch for additional casualties. Be prepared to remove any obviously infected fish asap & treat in a hospital tank.

Back
Top Bottom