Unknown problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 75 gallon tank and it is slightly cloudy now, ph is 6 and temp is 78, ammonia is 0, there was fungus on one of my fish, I bought primafix last night and added the correct dosage, when we put our new fish in they died within an hour, two mollies they got white on them and just weakened and died, one tried to jump from the tank, a plectomous I had for awhile was gasping and kinda floating around the tank, I moved him to another tank and he is doing fine now, I don't have a bubbler only the filter and I have 7 silver dollar, 3 angelfish, 2 kissing gourami and 2 blue gourami, 2 blue paradise, 1gold gourami, 1 tire track eel. I need to know what's wrong soon. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391960847.737751.jpg

Hey there, pimafix I've found can kill stressed fish. Particularly if they get a good dose before it has spread throughout the tank. Do any other fish have problems now?

You ph is a little low, the bb will be a bit slow - this could be the cloudy water. See under the ph section in the link below.

Nitrifying Bacteria Facts

Thanks it was the primafix, my fish seem to be doing fine now but my plectomous isn't ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392043000.120359.jpg

Is this finrot?

White on the edges if his tail looks like there may be the slightest pink, little tiny bubbles on him, it's only his tail fin

Hmm, does sound possible. Not natural colour?

You may have tried this but in case. I'd change fish food (good quality) in case old and increase water changes (how often do you pwc and what are tank specs now?).

If it has been getting worse and spreading, then I'd pick up some meds.

The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago! I found many fish dead and tested my water after removing them but the levels were fine. I asked a friend, knowing that petsmart people usually cause these things, and she told me to try Melafix and Pimafix together. I recently added two platies a day or two before adding the medicine and they died unfortunately. Pimafix does actually kill stressed fish(your new ones especially) but I would suggest marks and pins together as your best solution. :) now my fish are as healthy as ever after I did a 25% water change.

I use capata leaves if I can find them, I like black water extract if I can't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's better now eating and stuff. I really think he was stressed and the primafix almost killed him, we'll see in a couple days, may I ask are clown loaches sensitive to primafix and do they make good fish

YES they are VERY sensitive to pimafix when they are unhealthy or suffering from 'skinny' disorder- they are awesome fish, but there is a downside. Clown loaches get HUGE and are very social and best kept in groups of 3 or more.... I love them, much like the Oscar they 'play dead' in their sleep and once they hit 6-8 inches and are triangular they start to become less skittish and more dog like, but I wouldn't suggest them for anything smaller than a 90g, though, and that's if they are alone. They make good 'growers' if you're looking for the creative tank building centerpieces, upgrading tanks as they grow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom