Unusual Behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseynewton

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a planted Discus tank. I have five Discus in a 100 gallon tank with bunch of tetras.

I've seen usual behavior when they are swimming around and soon there pecking order. But now most hide when there isn't food on tank. And any motion they get really skittish like when one goes after food and that motion they all swim away quickly and slowly come back out. Before they would all just go after it and only quickly swim away of I moves quickly to startle them. They have all there color. My water parameters are good but usually water it to blame often. My nitrates are at 10 ppm. I don't see this as a problem. I always keep it under 20 ppm.

Any recommendations on what the problem might be. I'm going to do another water change and bring nitrates down to 5 ppm. Maybe not enough minerals. I use 100 RO water and add discus essentials my TDS goes from 0 to 15-20. Should I have higher TDS by adding more minerals.

I appreciate any help. These guys are the greatest when they are not skittish and hiding.

Image shows where one is hiding in corner. They all come out when they see my face.

Attachments

• image-1891798015.jpg
    image-1891798015.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom