Unwell Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noah W

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I have a lil flame dwarf gourami who has been weathering a few issues. He was previously in a 10g tall with 10 neons and a rubbernose pleco. (tank 1 parameters: pH:7.5ish, nitrites <0.5ppm, nitrates <20ppm GH/KH:180).

My flame dwarf gourami developed columnaris. I found this "interesting" because not a single other fish in the tank has showed any sign of it or of sickness (all just happy, colourful guys).

As soon as I figured out what it was I moved my gourami to a separate 10g long (same water parameters but with more frequent water changes) and have been treating him with aquarium salt upon water changes and API trisulfa. His growths and infections seem to have cleared up really well and relatively quickly. I see no more signs of the columnaris but he is not as active and is not the same as before. He often idles near the bottom and is not as active an eater as he used to be. I know gouramis like to "play" with stuff along the surface so i added some guppy grass along the top just for him to interact with. The rest of the tank is barebones (no substrate no other hardscape).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you:)

Maybe he's just recovering still. Those antibiotics are hard on fish. I'd say keep on top of water changes and wait another week and see if symptoms change again. Good luck

Will do, thank you for the advice :)) I'll keep this thread updated

Back
Top Bottom