Upset... two dead fishes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, last night I noticed that one of the Golden White Cloud Mountain Minnows died... it really suprised me because none of the fish were acting sick. I looked him over and he wasn't attacked by the betta, I am not sure what was wrong. The only thing I can think of was that he (and the other WCMM) have some black sort of outlining their scales on the sides... it doesn't look like black spot so for all I know it is normal.

Well, this morning I got up and checked out the fish to see if anyone was acting sick and found my male Endler's suck in the intake for the filter! Whaah! How can I prevent this with little fishes? I have a Penguin 125.

Anyway, I also have a sore throat and my kids and in a bad mood... so it looks like it will be a lovely day.

20 gallon tank - cycled with bio-spira, added fish Sunday.
PH is 7.4
Ammonia 0.0
Nitrite 0.0
Waiting to get Nitrate test in the mail.

Sorry to hear about your losses ... that's a big problem with fish, they die sometimes :(

I doubt the filter killed your fish ... it was probably already dead and the current carried it to the intake, or it was already too weak to resist the current and got sucked in.

My molly and platy fry (very tiny) easily outswim the intake on my big Fluval 404 running wide open, with nothing but the standard strainer in place (no sponge, sock, etc)

Back
Top Bottom