(URGENT) deform female guppy need HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy_226

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, this happen so suddenly and my guppy looks like it's dying. So I'm having a 9G tank with 6 neon, 5 guppy (2male3female), and 3 Platy(2male1female). Just now I discover that my guppy has deformed bone, it looks like it's dying but it's still swimming. I just putted melafix, hope it will help. My question is will it get better? Will it affect the other fishes? And any advice what I should do? I just saperated her in a net since I don't have other tank.. Please help...ammo: 0ppm no2: 0ppm No3: 10ppm ph: 7.0 PS: Sorry for bad English..

Hi guys, this happen so suddenly and my guppy looks like it's dying. So I'm having a 9G tank with 6 neon, 5 guppy (2male3female), and 3 Platy(2male1female). Just now I discover that my guppy has deformed bone, it looks like it's dying but it's still swimming. I just putted melafix, hope it will help. My question is will it get better? Will it affect the other fishes? And any advice what I should do? I just saperated her in a net since I don't have other tank.. Please help... PS: Sorry for bad English..

this is how she looks like now, its killing me sec by sec :(:(:(

Attachments

• 12026414_10207905297019148_610004522_n.jpg
    12026414_10207905297019148_610004522_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 12047370_10207905296539136_1478864170_n.jpg
    12047370_10207905296539136_1478864170_n.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 61
Can you post a picture of the guppy? Some of them are born with deformities.
Also I think you have a lot of fish in a very small tank. Melafix usually doesn't do much but aid in bacterial infections, even then I think there are more effective medications.
Do you test your water parameters like ammonia and nitrate and nitrite? Those tests may help to tell us about what's going on so we can help you. When you have a small tank with so many fish you need to change part of the water in the tank often because the ammonia may build up and cause ammonia poisoning.
If you have another container such as a jar or plastic container the guppy could be put in there. I really dont know what else to say without a picture and more information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you post a picture of the guppy? Some of them are born with deformities.
Also I think you have a lot of fish in a very small tank. Melafix usually doesn't do much but aid in bacterial infections, even then I think there are more effective medications.
Do you test your water parameters like ammonia and nitrate and nitrite? Those tests may help to tell us about what's going on so we can help you. When you have a small tank with so many fish you need to change part of the water in the tank often because the ammonia may build up and cause ammonia poisoning.
If you have another container such as a jar or plastic container the guppy could be put in there. I really dont know what else to say without a picture and more information.

thanks for replying, my ammo, no2 and no3 level is stable, i did post pictures please do have a look.

Well I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you added any new fish recently?

If you think the fish is really suffering you can euthanize it. There is a sticky in this subsection that covers how to go about it in a humane way.

Well I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you added any new fish recently?

If you think the fish is really suffering you can euthanize it. There is a sticky in this subsection that covers how to go about it in a humane way.

I added 3 Platy about a week ago.. I was going to euthanize it but it's still breathing and moving.. It's killing me..

Well the platy could have introduced some sort of disease or parasite. Keep watching for any signs of sickness.
It's very hard to watch struggling fish.

You could set up a small Quarantine tank, with an air stone, let it sit over night? It might now make it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well the platy could have introduced some sort of disease or parasite. Keep watching for any signs of sickness.
It's very hard to watch struggling fish.

im not sure, other fishes are okay.. only this female guppy is like that.. the platy is ok too..

You could set up a small Quarantine tank, with an air stone, let it sit over night? It might now make it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, no I don't have those pieces of equipment, maybe I'll buy tomorrow. now I just net it and place it above the water.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that fish will not live. I can't really help on the cause, brennae touched on the possibility the platies brought something in, sounds like a good suggestion. I would monitor things closely.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that fish will not live. I can't really help on the cause, brennae touched on the possibility the platies brought something in, sounds like a good suggestion. I would monitor things closely.

Ya she died yesterday... For now they all look normal.. Is there any way to do precaution?

Personally I would just keep an eye out on the fish for any odd behavior or fungus appearing. I would keep up well on water changes. Personally I wouldn't dose the tank with anything unless further issues appear. It could've been an isolated incident.

Back
Top Bottom