Urgent dg stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
all i have is this 15g knt qt hes swimin ok now i think the currents and suction is takin him

If you can reduce the flow so he's not fighting it, that might help. IMO if he struggling against the current, it will wear him out more.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Have you ever had a breeder net? If you could either run to the store and buy one or maybe make one but im not sure how. It may help but the best thing would be the biggest area possible. If you could put clean stockings over the intake it would help. You might pit a little to much strain on it but it would help. Or if it gets bad, turn it off for a while.

That just sincerely sucks. Could you maybe get a tank divider and seperate him from the filter completely? It might cut the flow, and still alow him to move freely. Just a thought. (Also don't know if he has any tank mates that might be a problem for him).

it will make things calmer for him while he get's better *hopefully*

needmorecowbell said:
Have you ever had a breeder net? If you could either run to the store and buy one or maybe make one but im not sure how. It may help but the best thing would be the biggest area possible. If you could put clean stockings over the intake it would help. You might pit a little to much strain on it but it would help. Or if it gets bad, turn it off for a while.

i have a breaders box

ShadoeFox said:
That just sincerely sucks. Could you maybe get a tank divider and seperate him from the filter completely? It might cut the flow, and still alow him to move freely. Just a thought. (Also don't know if he has any tank mates that might be a problem for him).

im 14 cash is a big issue i have none now

It does look bad but maybe recoverable. I was thinking chunks of fish were hanging off. If there are fish in the tank like someone noted, it would be good to get a divider.

Gosh I don't know...he's already stressed to 'ell maybe you should just let him be and see how he does?

siva said:
Gosh I don't know...he's already stressed to 'ell maybe you should just let him be and see how he does?

I would agree but i think he probably doesn't have a gourami and nothing else. He needs little flow and IMO I think that would do it. I don't think he could be more stressed

Dwarf Gouramis are notoriously fragile fish IME. I had a heater die on me while I was at work. When I came home the tank was at 69. I keep it normally at 78-80. He was breathing heavily at the bottom and was dead by the next morning.

Good luck, not sure if I'd move him anywhere if he's doing fine with the intakes at the moment. That may only stress him more. Really hope he does better.

Hmm ok. All he has in there is a few neons I believe. I think if you can go get a soda today and do the pop bottle trick it would stress him less ;)

Back
Top Bottom