Urgent dg stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josh said:
Dwarf Gouramis are notoriously fragile fish IME. I had a heater die on me while I was at work. When I came home the tank was at 69. I keep it normally at 78-80. He was breathing heavily at the bottom and was dead by the next morning.

Good luck, not sure if I'd move him anywhere if he's doing fine with the intakes at the moment. That may only stress him more. Really hope he does better.

he got suced into intake hes iin breaders box now

siva said:
Hmm ok. All he has in there is a few neons I believe. I think if you can go get a soda today and do the pop bottle trick it would stress him less ;)

Oh I didn't know he had tetras. I dont think they would bother him much.. And uhhh what's the pop bottle trick haha?

If he's laying down at all that's not a good sign. I'd give him about 12 hours, make him as comfy as possible. Some individual fish are more hardy than others so maybe he'll make it. I highly doubt it. Sorry. :(

Josh said:
If he's laying down at all that's not a good sign. I'd give him about 12 hours, make him as comfy as possible. Some individual fish are more hardy than others so maybe he'll make it. I highly doubt it. Sorry. :(

its ok hes more livly now in the box it's switichng on n off

I would keep him in the box for a couple days. If you have a chance, try to get to your LFS and pick up some melafex. It's only maybe $5 for a bottle, it will really help with the ripped fins, I had a betta with terrible finrot and his fins perked up within a couple of days.
Be sure to read the instructions carefully! But I think your tetras will be ok with the melafex too, it's all natural stuff.
I know being 14 without cash is hard! I remember those days... sigh.

Anyways, I really hope he gets better. I just recently had a scare with my oldest betta... I thought he was dead a couple of times and was getting ready to euthanize him... but thankfully I gave him sometime and the next day he was perked up!!! He is almost back to normal, so don't worry... your fish my surprise you!

Back
Top Bottom