URGENT - Guppy missing tail and laying on floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eth0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I'm pretty new to keeping fish and still learning the ropes. Today I did a 20% water change as I do every week but unfortunately one of my guppies got sucked up by the pipe I use to siphon the water. He didn't get sucked up all the way as he wouldn't fit but he went in tail first...

Afterwards I noticed the tail fins was "missing" and now he has a red blob (blood)? at the end of his tail and he's sitting on the bottom of the fish tank. He can swim still as I fed the other fishes and he came swimming up fine to have a nibble and returned to the bottom of the tank. He's just been sat there for 3-4 hours now.

ewfWC6Ul.jpg

EDIT: I took him out the tank to get a better look at him and take the above picture. When I put him back in I noticed he span in a weird spiral action.

Any suggestions? :sad:

There isn't a whole lot you can do other than keep the water as clean as possible. It is possible the fish could pull through as they can grow fins back. Good luck!

There isn't a whole lot you can do other than keep the water as clean as possible. It is possible the fish could pull through as they can grow fins back. Good luck!
I agree. It's not looking to good if he just laying there on his side. In saying that, I recently has a Kribensis, who had his tail completely chewed off by the female. I isolated him for a month and he's perfect now. They get on real well now....

Back
Top Bottom