Urgent- Popeye and Tumor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had my GBR for around 3 months and 5 days ago I noticed she had this weird tumor like thing growing on her face under her right eye , I started a thread and was told to treat her with Melafix. I started with the Melafix 3-4 days ago and her tumor was responding to it. Yesterday I noticed her eyes was all weird looking, it was sort of cloudy. I expected to wake up to find her dead but she is still alive. Her eye has popped out and has gotten worse. I don't have time to run out to the LFS but I will be running to Wal*Mart to grab some things for a party later on today so I need to know what to treat her with. Right now I have salt and Melafix in the tank, do I need to treat with a totally different med for Popeye?? I will be moving her over to a 10g once I get home because I don't want her getting over stressed in the community. I could not QT her before because I didn't have QT. I read Popeye can because by tumors and also read that Septicemia can cause it and that there bottom fins will be bloody red -Her's are. I need a quick reply before.

*Edit* She hasn't eaten since the day after her tumor appeared and isn't very active.

Oh and I will be putting her in the 10g with a Aquaclear Mini with some Filter Media from my 20g, is this alright?

I would think that the 10g would be fine with the media... I don't know about the popeye though... sorry! Hope some one will help soon!

Thanks AK.

I am really getting mad here, I need help and no one is decent enough to offer advice. I'm sure one of the 49 people who have viewed this thread know how to treat Pop-eye. This is ridiculous.

Well i think if you go to petco or somethin they might have somethin...

here's some stuff that I found:
That night we went to Petsmart and bought some Maracyn Two, we added the right dosage and have now finished the first batch. We even added in a little Merafix to help, and some epssom salt as well. We did a 30% water change last night
keep it on anti bacterial meds, for 7-10 days. do water changes as needed and readd meds as directed.

the eye may or may not heal up. pop eye can be from a bacterial infection or can be caused by damage(which usually leads to bacterial )

keeping the water clean is essential.

I have an angle that lost an eye from pop eye it was due to damage from aggression from another angle. (chased and collided into driftwood while attempting escape)
this rams (from your previous post)

I can only offer basic advice but when my Oscar had popeye I did a 75% water change and within 2-3 hours the popeye went down significantly, but it came back shortly after, I too used melafix and then did another 75% water change after treatment and it worked for me, best of luck, sorry I can't help more =(

Back
Top Bottom