Urgent-sick betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a betta who seems to have tail rot,i need to know what it is.I gave him melafix and put some in the whole tank (i moved him to a jar).PLEASE HELP,i don't want to lose the little guy :(.

No melafix, research research... wc's and quality food is key... most cases of tail rot stem from poor water quality and diet. Melafix is not good for fish with labyrinth organs.. Google it;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Ok,moved him to a diffrent jar.Here is a pic

Attachments

• P1180112.jpg
    P1180112.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 56
You are going to have to do daily water changes to keep the water in that jar pristine. Do you have him in a place where the temp stays stable? It's important to keep from adding any additional stress. He's a pretty boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah,i have it in a good place,oh and thanks a lot :D.He was a walmart rescue,but perfectly healthy when i got him (i have a great walmart that even sells dragon gobies).

No melafix, research research... wc's and quality food is key... most cases of tail rot stem from poor water quality and diet. Melafix is not good for fish with labyrinth organs.. Google it;)

He was in a 45 gallon with a filter rated for a 75 and ate flukers freeze dried bloodworms.

Well, I dont think he will do well in the jar. Maybe if you change the water every day, but still the stress of being moved may hinder his progress instead of helping. Test the water in your main tank and make sure the filtration isnt so high that he cant catch food. This is how bettas starve since they cant swim that fast or compete with other fish for food.

With high quality water (no ammonia or nitrite) and good food, he should recover if its not too late.

His fins may just be shredded from all the current, they are still water fish after all..

He doesen't have a lot to compete with,the tank is all bottom-feeders (exept for my silver dollar),and there isn't much current.

Bad news,the betta passed away today, 11/23/2014. R.I.P Betta 2012-2014.

Back
Top Bottom