Very still neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JadeandScott

Aquarium Advice Activist
He two tetras we have have been saved as we bought a sick fish. They've been absolutely fine up until yesterday when they started being very still? Anyone have any ideas why this could be?

They may not be sick. Neons need a school of 5 or 6 to begin to feel secure in their environment.

We think we have a pregnant Molly as well now so should we wait to get more tetras ?

Ok will have to wait to see what happens with the Molly first x

Also, I just had this happen with my Neons (I have three at the moment and plan on getting more. The others I had died of a fungal infection) They would sit near the bottom of the tank and would stay pretty still most of the time. It turned out that they were stressed because on an ammonia spike in my tank. After my ammonia was back under control they seemed much happier and are schooling in my tank. So you might want to check and make sure your ammonia is not to high.

Iv literally just picked up the testing kit from post office so will test it tonight x

Back
Top Bottom