Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Weather loach ich advice

I have a fantail Goldie with the ich, I only have the one and a weather loach. The Goldie has also got fin rot which I'm assume is from the stress of the ich. The weather loach seems fine, I can't see any white dots on him. However, I think he may be stressing my Goldie a little bit and with him being in there I can only give half doses of treatment. So, I have set up a QT tank and I'm going to put the weather loach in there so I can treat the goldie on his own which will hopefully mean he will get better faster and I will eventually be able to give him the fin rot treatment before that gets any worse. So, my question is, should I still treat the loach half doses in the QT tank, or should he be okay as I don't see any signs of the ich on him?

Old 09-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

As long as the loach isn't sick, I wouldn't treat him with meds. A lot of meds given as a preventive usually just stress them out.

Tags
advice, eat, ich, loach, weather loach

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com