Weird Goldfish Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Having a weird issue with my goldfish - I have 5 in a 90 gallon tank. They are all swimming and eating fine but one had a pimple sized lump under his scales. It eventually caused a scale or two to shed appeared red once the scales had gone and then had a fungus on it. I initially just thought he had injured himself.

I isolated him and treated him with Fungus Cure (nasty looking stuff) and he was fine. Bump went away and all was good.

Now it is back again and he has two and worse another goldfish has a bump now too.

There is no cauliflower like shape to it so am not suspecting Lymphacitis (I know I spelled that wrong). No anchor worm and no real color to the bump except when the scales go then it is pink/red underneath.

Would be grateful for any help - have now treated tank with General Cure (as I suspected a parasite) but still the bumps persist.

Params: Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate - 15

I couldn't get any pictures little buggers wouldn't stay still just all blurry...

Was thinking along the same lines.

How long did you treat with fungus cure and then general cure (assume this is API general cure with prazi and metro?)

The fungus cure was such evil looking stuff that I just did the one treatment. For the general cure I followed the dosage guides on the box (you are correct it was API general cure).

Thank you - and sorry for delayed response been busy with a rescue betta with dropsy (he arrived in not good condition but not looking good poor lad).

I used it for 48 hours then added again for 48 hours then water change (as per directions) - good to know should leave for 10 days as that isn't on the box!!

The bumps have subsided a bit but will keep an eye on them - if they come back then I am at a loss as to what to do next!

Back
Top Bottom