Weird gray spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredShope1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought this gourami yesterday and he had a tiny gray spot on his back. Since yesterday- it has grown (see image). I treated with Microbe Lift Herbtana to boost his immune system. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

IMG_0985.jpg

Could it be columnaris? The ‘saddleback’ lesion is pretty unmistakable. Do some research on this disease and draw your own conclusions on this assessment as I’m no expert in fish diseases.

Could it be columnaris? The ‘saddleback’ lesion is pretty unmistakable. Do some research on this disease and draw your own conclusions on this assessment as I’m no expert in fish diseases.
If it is columnaris, he needs to be isolated or he'll infect the whole tank

You can add Api Furan-2 to the water column, and Thomas labs fish Mox or Mardel Maracyn 2 to a food blend. Aquarium co-op, Aquarium science web site and Hikari all have a formula to make medicated food

Or, save your money and return him to the fish store since you just bought it

I ended up isolating him and treating him with anti-biotic- however he ended up dying and I returned him. The tank thankfully seems healthy and it doesn’t seem like anyone got the disease

Back
Top Bottom