Weird growth on cichlid!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone!! Hope everyone is well. So the queen of my tank. My beloved blood red parrot who is 4 years old now has gotten a weird growth in her nose for the past few months. I will attach pictures but I'm so confused as to what it is. It all started a few months ago when I noticed her smashing her face against the walls and against other fish (she is aggressive). From there I noticed she had a small growth and it looked like a tumor. It went away and now recently I noticed how big and narly it has gotten!! She seems completely fine. Is still super playful and awesome but it bugs me to see such a beautiful fish in pain. Thanks in advance. Please try to let me know what it is and maybe how to treat it!! Thanks :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462672898.450732.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462672913.820181.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462672923.304140.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462672948.204473.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a disease or cancer called lymphocistis.
No cure but not usually deadly and not contagious, like cancer in a way for fish.

Looks like a disease or cancer called lymphocistis.
No cure but not usually deadly and not contagious, like cancer in a way for fish.

Thank you so much for answering, can you provide me some more information on this? It looked like a tumor to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I ont kno much other than its sort of like cancer for a fish lol. I think its a virus an or cancer. Nothing that ill ipe out your tanks.

Back
Top Bottom