Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2020, 11:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Unhappy What does it mean?

About 11:30 this morning I gave my black moor and comet medication for parasites and half an hour later I noticed my black moor acting strange. He tends to float in one area of the tank like he is dead, but then starts swimming again. Does this mean my black moor is going to die soon or is he just not feeling well from the parasites and once the medication kicks in will get better soon?

Old 01-29-2020, 03:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thereís really no way to know based on what youíve told us. If you could answer the questions in this thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...his-32451.html then we might be able to have a better idea about what is going on.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is this the same tank where we warned you it was too small for goldfish?
I mean it could be a swim bladder issue but without more information then as stated previously it's hard to tell.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

After you told me that comets get really big, I decided to get a new tank for my black moor the next morning, they both live in 21 litre tanks now. In a couple of months I'm going to get a bigger tank for my comet. At the moment I'm maintaining both tanks with the same levels of Nitrite and ammonia which are 0. Ph level is 7.5 for both tanks and the temperature is 22 Celsius for my comet and 23 Celsius for my black moor. My black moor isn't swimming the way he did yesterday.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com