What is the best ph for a blue crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MineShaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a blue crayfish soon and I'm wondering what is the best ph for him. Also what's a good temperature for them. please let me know. ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439072196.004121.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What is your normal pH for your tank / out of your tap and after 24-48 hours???

I think 7.5-8 would be best. I think they can live a little wider range though. Do you know what your KH (carbonate hardness) and GH (general hardness) are?

Too acid an environment and they probably won't last too long because their shell can be dissolved. Having a good diet with plenty of minerals would be important for their health. I add a Cuttlebone too to my water, it tends to be on the lower side - 6.4-7.4 pH Mostly around 6.8- 7.2, and I have kept them. My friend had one for a number of years that I got her for her birthday.

Temp wise, they can live in the "south", so it can get pretty darn hot. And live in cool streams 60F in the shady streams here in Colorado coming from the mountains and the snowmelt, but probably ~ 70 F. My guess is 75F would be a good number. We have had ours in 78F and no problems. If he isn't very active then a couple degrees increase per day until (providing water parameters are also good) he seems happy and moving around well. Not too hot of course...

7.5 is my aquariums ph

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

That seems like a good number and since you said he was active at night and molted, I would think he is pretty happy with the pH and temp.

Back
Top Bottom