What is this on my Pleco's? Help Pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anteatergoanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I'm really worried about my catfish, he has these whitish marks on him. I know he's had a couple of run ins with my BGK, I know he didn't have these marks before I got the GK, which was a couple of weeks ago. All of my other fish are okay, no marks eating well. Playing around, like they usually do.

140ltr tank, PH 7.2 - Amm 0 - Nitrite 0 - Nitrate 10 I do WC's twice a week of about 60 - 70 ltrs.

My tank has been cycled for 8 mths and aside from a case of Ick 6 mths ago, I have had no issues. I can't Q him, I would have to take everything out of the tank, other fish included, which would be a big stress on everyone. The marks aren't raised, hairy, anything like that.
Appreciate any help

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403935508.395000.jpg

Sorry forgot to add the photo, this is the best shot I could get

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403935666.001162.jpg
Just cropped it, hopefully can see better

If you mean the lighter colored patches that's just a different pattern display. Could be stress, water temp, or even general "mood", but it's a common thing among many different fish.

Oh, thank goodness for that. I have been quite worried about it. Could be a bit of stress, as I previously stated, him and the BGK, have had a couple of run ins. Thank you for replying, I appreciate it

What size tank? A BGK will grow quite large, so will the pleco, they may be competing for hiding places. Adding some more rocks/cover would be a good idea in any case. Even a couple chunks of driftwood or mopani would help quite a bit.

Thanks Todd, 6ft tank and heaps of hiding places. They are seeming to avoid each other, well I should say, the pleco makes a hasty retreat when the GK, decides to take a swim!

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Back
Top Bottom