What is wrong with guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401814622.790400.jpg she doesn't have ich, it looks like she got hurt or something! Can someone tell me what this is?

No sense in separsting.. whatever it's got, the tanks got.. can you get a better picture??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think that's it... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401830542.102524.jpg here is another pic not very good

She hasn't been doing too good after the last time she gave birth so I'd say about the sway maybe a little worse

Well for my two cents:

The shape suggests fungal to me. QT, treat for fungus, if no luck within 4 days shift to treatment for gram negative bacteria (columnaris) as suggested above. Does only one fish have this still?

Bacterial I've had spread faster across fish, fungal for me is mainly one fish at a time. I don't know if that is because I find bacterial more subtle to pick. Interested what others think on that and pics?

Anyways I'd still suggest as I had above. You could also add salt in QT (assuming no plants) which helps (as mentioned above).

I have a fancy male that got these bumps on him like that too.. I put him in my qt tank for a few weeks and they never went away, a year later he still has them.
I treated him for infections and tumours but they still never left (two on head and one on back) but hes happy as ever.

Back
Top Bottom