What's on my nose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majolo

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning I noticed something odd on my betta's face (and it's not a water spot on the glass, though it looks like one):

p9290003fixsmall.jpg

I'm one week into the heat treatment for ich on this tank, so it might be ich, but I thought it didn't really look like it. Any opinions on what this might be?

Info:
10 gallon tank, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10ppm, temp 88F (treating for ich, as mentioned).
Inhabitants: 1 betta and 3 1" dwarf platies. Ich came in with platies 1 week ago. No symptoms on any of them at this point.
Betta has been in this tank since 8/25. He's behaving fine. The platies look a little stressed (fins clamped). No serious aggression between the species. I have been feeding Hikari biogold pellets for the betta and community flakes for the platies, but the platies keep stealing the betta food, so I'm thinking of switching over to NLS small fish community pellets for all of them as the primary food.

I'd keep an eye on it for now and not take any additional action. Sometimes bumps and such simply pop up and go away for no reason, and the fish is fine. I'd only worry about it if you see it continue to grow and get bigger.

HTH

Thanks for the response. It does seem to be getting better. Now there's just a slightly pale spot there, so hopefully it will clear up.

Back
Top Bottom