Whats up with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicotico123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i hope this is the right place to post a question? Please redirect me if needed. I have added 2 new fish to my tank and they are acting very strange. Just laying at bottom of tank breathing. If they are disturbed enough they will move about and have a swim but always return to same place in tank after about an hour. They are eating at feeding time. My other fish are fine. Can anybody help?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1387751401110.jpg
    1387751401110.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 73
Please post some more info about your tank . Tank size ,total stock and, parameters from a recent water test will help members to figure out the issues you are having .

The above info is need to help as stated. I assume it is goldfish with the problem as that's what it looks like in the pic? Did you put them in a community tank with a tropical temp? Goldfish are cold water.

I have a coldwater goldfish tank and all my fish are goldfish. I have a large fancyfish and 2 small ones (in pic) and 5 normal goldfish. 2 with the bug eyes. A tiny suckerfish and 6 tiny tiny tidler fish. I have a 120 litre tank with large filter and air bubble system. Tested my water and all is as it should be according to the colour boxes. I put him and the other new fish in tank after gente introduction and they both did this resting(pic) off and on for a while. Today he has been swimming about most of the time and just on the odd occasion he goes to bottom. Could he be resting? My one bug eyed fish keeps nudging him when hes on the bottom. As if to get him moving. Once he moves then the little one goes about his business. Hes never bullied before and just seems to be nudging at him rather than nipping. Does this help? I think he may be a bit stressed from moving home?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom