Whats wrong? This is crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With cichlids, as they mature their temperament can change.. Just like a sweet innocent 8 year old child grows up into a snotty rude teenager... I agree with venom too.

The sand may be why you have brown algae (diatoms). Play sand has silicates which is food for diatoms.

I am quite new here too but from my own research I agree with the theory that the cichlids had a change of heart after the change to sand ... Possibly happy and ready to breed and so they're getting mean.

I visited a friend who was telling me she had two big goldfish in with her cichlid because he made friends with two feeder goldfish. I stayed with them for a week, sleeping on the couch by the fish tank, and woke up one morning to half a goldfish in there. The cichlid had just up and decided to eat them. There were no changes except my friend coming home after being gone for several months, and me sleeping on the couch by the tank.

But I also agree that a goldfish absolutely doesn't belong in that tank.

With cichlids, as they mature their temperament can change.. Just like a sweet innocent 8 year old child grows up into a snotty rude teenager... I agree with venom too.

Lmao !!!! ????I didn't cover that "sweet innocent" in my "How Could That Be" thread, but it most certainly fits right in !!!

I have about 6 cichilids and the one goldfish the rest died off... its a 80 gallon tank and I have a cascade 1200 on it filled with pillow floss on the bottem and 2 trays with seachems matrix. And a small valcano bubbler.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have about 6 cichilids and the one goldfish the rest died off... its a 80 gallon tank and I have a cascade 1200 on it filled with pillow floss on the bottem and 2 trays with seachems matrix. And a small valcano bubbler.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you have all these tropical fish AND a goldfish in the same tank ??? Not really a smart move as goldfish are not tropical. They need cooler water and a less stressful environment.

Do you have all these tropical fish AND a goldfish in the same tank ??? Not really a smart move as goldfish are not tropical. They need cooler water and a less stressful environment.

There is no need to be rude. The op has already been told that his stock is not appropriate. I'm sure he would appreciate insight on helping his fish get better until he can correct his stock list instead of constant insults about a mistake he made. We were all new and we all made mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom