What's wrong with my Cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottS

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't get it. I lost one yesterday, and I see this one looking like this today. (Red under the eye)

Nitrite = 0
Nitrate <40ppm
Ammonia = 0
Temp = 79

Scott,

Can you tell me about your routine water maintenance schedule - volume/frequency of water changes including substrate vacuuming ? This will help me help you.

cindywindy said:
Scott,

Can you tell me about your routine water maintenance schedule - volume/frequency of water changes including substrate vacuuming ? This will help me help you.

I drop all the food in the front left corner, so it gets vacuumed the most. I generally change out 25% every 1-2 weeks, though lately has been two weeks between work and illness. However, I've never had nitrates even reach 40ppm or higher.

I also recently had a gourami, who never approaches the bottom, develop a similar red area (and pop-eye) and died in the last few days. I did a 33% change today and vacuumed more areas than normal. I quarantined the gourami, but it appears whatever is in my tank is throughout the tank possibly.

Back
Top Bottom