What's wrong with my dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aatrail

Aquarium Advice Newbie
He was completely happy and a very active fish. Since I added a new Molly and two guppies he hides all the time has become pretty "bloated", lethargic and doesn't really eat. He will occasionally come out and "pick" one or two times the. Go back to hiding. Please help. I don't know if it's truly something wrong or constipation. Tank is a 20 gallon high. Has been set up for about three weeks. Nitrite is 0 ppm nitrate is 0 ppm GH is 0 ppm ( I have a water softener and live on the coast of NC) KH is 180 ppm and pH is 7.8. Store that I am buying fish from says that is what their pH is and that I should leave it. Tested ammonia is at0.5 ppm I know ideally this should be 0ppm but my tank is not considered "established" yet. I have done two 25% water changes and the only chemical I use is seachem prime. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389566028.188618.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389566038.870407.jpg

0.5ppm of ammonia is much too high for any fish to survive in for long.. Do back to back 50% water changes with seachem prime and get it under 0.25.. Whenever it goes above 0.25 you should do a 50% water change with prime.

Back
Top Bottom