What's wrong with my guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jen54

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought 2 male guppies about 8 weeks ago. 1 died about 3 weeks ago and now the other one is just hanging about in one place at the bottom of the tank. There is nothing apparently wrong with him, he just lies there looking like he's panting this has been for 3 days now.

All the other fish are fine, including some of his offspring. I have tested the water and all parameters are fine. Do you think he's missing his friend that died, and/or the females, as I have separated the female guppys into another tank as I was getting a bit overwhelmed with fry.

Is the tank cycled/filtered/heated.
What are your water parameters?
Did the other guppy show these symptoms before he passed away? :(

I have 3 tanks, all cycled, heated and filtered. i have checked all water parameters and all are spot on.

The other guppy was o.k. one day and dead the next. All my other fish in the tank are fine.

He's just spent about an hour swimming against the water flow at the top of the tank (he used to do this a lot for fun) but is now sitting on the bottom again :(

He's still lurking at the bottom, hiding behind a moss ball. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help him?

Back
Top Bottom