Whats wtong with my fishes/ tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I would love some help.
I have my new planted tank about two months now, and all has been going well, until recently I noticed allot of pimple like spots on my fish. I didn't pay it no mind until I came home and found 5 of my cherry tetras dead, and now my pellico has the same pimple like spots.

Could someone please help me ASAP.....

Hey, you may have ick. If it looks like little grains of sand then it is probably ick.

First thing to do is make sure you do water changes regularly to make sure you have clean water. If it is ick you will likely need to buy some meds for your fish. Most meds require that you don't change the water for the first 48 hours of treatment so make sure your water is a clean as possible before beginning treatment. Also remove any carbon from your filter. Carbon absorbs chemicals.

In addition to meds, keeping your heat high will help speed up the life cycle of ick, and making treatment faster since the parasite can only be killed in one of its stages.

This is an article on treating ick with heat alone. I usually use meds and heat to make sure they are gone. This article has a lot of information on the life cycle of ick and that will better help you understand and get rid of it.
http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php

I hope this helped.

Yep, almost certainly ich. I would go with the heat method personally and skip any potential issues with medications.

Hey, you may have ick. If it looks like little grains of sand then it is probably ick. First thing to do is make sure you do water changes regularly to make sure you have clean water. If it is ick you will likely need to buy some meds for your fish. Most meds require that you don't change the water for the first 48 hours of treatment so make sure your water is a clean as possible before beginning treatment. Also remove any carbon from your filter. Carbon absorbs chemicals. In addition to meds, keeping your heat high will help speed up the life cycle of ick, and making treatment faster since the parasite can only be killed in one of its stages. This is an article on treating ick with heat alone. I usually use meds and heat to make sure they are gone. This article has a lot of information on the life cycle of ick and that will better help you understand and get rid of it. http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php I hope this helped.
thanks, and you were right, I brought them to the pet shop and that what I was told.....they also gave me a solution for the water

Thanks

thanks, and you were right, I brought them to the pet shop and that what I was told.....they also gave me a solution for the water Thanks

You're welcome. I know how frustrating ick can be. I almost lost everything the first time I had it. If I had only found this app before then.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom