Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When Your LFS is Horrible...

Went to my LFS today to check out the guppy fry
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469299203.883255.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	288175Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469299215.379121.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	288176
(which were really cute as usual)...

...when I glanced at the Comet Goldfish tank.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469299432.113163.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	288177

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469299548.938834.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	288178

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469299577.847042.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	288179

I was so upset to see this. I lost it when a kid came and said "they look so cute sleeping!" I quickly told him and his mother that they definitely aren't sleeping. What's wrong woth these fish? Is it a disease? I'm don't have much experience with fish illnesses so I couldn't identify the cause.

Their mollies, platies, otos, angels, minnows and black moors looked like they were all in the early stages of this, with clamped fins looking lethargic. Poor fish. This LFS is horrible and seeing this was really sad.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-24-2016, 12:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Honestly, it's probably a bad vendor that the store buys from, and just lack of proper employee maintenance. I work at an LFS and we do a water change everyday on our feeder tanks and still get deads. It just happens with stuff like feeder comets sadly

Sent via echolocation

Old 07-24-2016, 12:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegster803 View Post
Honestly, it's probably a bad vendor that the store buys from, and just lack of proper employee maintenance. I work at an LFS and we do a water change everyday on our feeder tanks and still get deads. It just happens with stuff like feeder comets sadly

Sent via echolocation

That is what it is, but the store is fairly new and almost all of their tanks (with other goldfish, livebearers, cichlids etc.) have gone through something similar. Today when I checked there was at least one dead fish in each one and it's sad to see this. I asked an employee a few months ago if they had noticed and he claimed that 'his manager removes the fish himself". Really disappointed in this, especially since they're the only store that sells a variety of fish and foods in my part of town.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yikes, some stores can be pretty bad, but it's the good ones that will always stick to your mind, I used to shop at the store that I now work for, so much when I was little, and now I get to spend my paycheck there, with a nice little discount. But in the end, it's just finding employees that really care about stuff like that to change that kind of stuff sadly.

Sent via echolocation
Old 07-24-2016, 12:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegster803 View Post
Yikes, some stores can be pretty bad, but it's the good ones that will always stick to your mind, I used to shop at the store that I now work for, so much when I was little, and now I get to spend my paycheck there, with a nice little discount. But in the end, it's just finding employees that really care about stuff like that to change that kind of stuff sadly.

Sent via echolocation

Very true. Sadly, it costs triple the stuff I get at my favourite LFS for gas so trips there aren't as frequent and some employees are typical just-work-here-for-the-money employees. Hopefully I'll find an LFS someday with employees like you.

BTW, love the echolocation signature!

Old 07-24-2016, 12:55 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha, thanks! I've been away from the forum for a while, and had a revamp when I started working at my LFS, I love all the new people that are joining the forum, it's nice to see all the new people coming into the hobby

Sent via echolocation

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com