Whiptails dying! please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colloquial penguin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, really need help with my whiptails -

got them about 5 days ago and they don't seem to be eating at all!

I put them in what i thought was a cycled tank but the nitrites rose so i've been
doing 40% water changes daily.

I've tried feeding them algae wafers, fish food, and tetra bloodworm pouches, but they don't seem particularly interested.

This morning i found one of them dead.

If anyone could give me some advice i would be so grateful!!

Try feeding them fresh zucchini or cucumber.

Adding fish to a tank is always stressful, especially for a fragile fish like the whiptail, and especially so if the tank isn't cycled completely (which I do understand happens, happened to me on my first setup)

Additionally keep up the water changes, just try not to stress the fish out more while you do them, hard i know but it will help if it is stress that's keeping them from eating.

I hope the best for you and your fish, I wish I could give you more in-depth detail but unfortunately the whiptails wouldn't get along with my tankmates like I once hoped they would so I haven't had the opportunity to own them.

Woops..

Thanks for replying, i tried feeding them fresh zucchini the other day but they still wouldn't eat. Most of the algae wafer had disappeared this morning though so i assume that he/she has eaten some of it..

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully this whiptail will prove tougher than his late friend

Back
Top Bottom