White bumps on angel PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a water change today and noticed my angel has several white, raised bumps on both sides of his face. No other fish has this symptom and they are no where else on his body. Water parameters are always in check and I have not added any fish for months

I do have a mating male in the tank that will peck at him when he gets too close to his lady. He generally aims for the areas where these spots are but I don't think they are from injury?

I am raising temp and adding salt in case it's ick. I noticed he has had a decrease in appetite. I am freaking out this is my favorite angel. Here are some pics... What is this?!
IMG_20130203_215027.jpg
ForumRunner_20130203_220547.jpg
ForumRunner_20130203_220559.jpg

I have the same problem. I just notice it today when i was feeding them. I hope someone answer soon

So this was taking too long and found out one of my buddys know a little about fish. Its the ich, so thats what he told me. Got some meds from the pet store and top it off some salt. Hoping they all have a full recovery

Here is a picof my fish

ich or ick what ever it is called

Attachments

• DSC_0632.jpg
    DSC_0632.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 92
I have dealt with ich before, be careful with the meds some of them will kill the bb in your tank as the main ingredient is formaldehyde. You can slowly raise the temp to speed up the lifecycle (86 worked for me) and add salt to keep it from spreading. The salinity makes it harder for the parasites to swim i believe. Do lots of gravel vacs.

What I have seems too big to be ich, and the fact that it's not on his fins or on any other fish is weird....I have never seen this before. Ugh!

Due to the fact that i am in japan and everything i can get here is in japanese i got med that prob will kill all my plants. Found out after i added the med. I have raised the temp little by little. Wait a few days then do a pwc, got different med and hope my plants wont die. Read alot into the ich so hoping within a week all this mess will be behind me. Also removed my carbon filter. For the future will have a small tank set up for new fish to live in to make sure there not sick. Going to give the pet store hell for selling me bad fish and not telling me the med i am about to use will kill my plants. Just the waiting is kill me

I learned about quarantine tanks the hard way! Sometimes ich just happens. What stinks is that it sometimes takes a while to show up. Can I ask what meds you are using? I also learned the hard way that some meds are more harmful than the ich itself

keep an eye on the spots angel and make shure theres no swelling or it dosent get worse. i just lost my fav. frome something like that but it wasnt ich. what ever it was swelled up and poped and killed her. im guessing some kind of paracite

keep an eye on the spots angel and make shure theres no swelling or it dosent get worse. i just lost my fav. frome something like that but it wasnt ich. what ever it was swelled up and poped and killed her. im guessing some kind of paracite

Thanks Bob... I am warming his water and will keep doing partial water changes. I'm wondering if the scratches from the other fish biting him got infected? I may add a little melafix too.

I've been nervous about this fish since I got him in the summer. His brother fish had an internal parasite that killed all my angels but this guy.they all got bloated and were gone within 24 hours... Such a shame

I wish i could tell you the meds i used, it was in japanese. It turned my water blue. Either the med or raising the temp increase the effect of ich. One of my tetras tail fin was gone and two more will soon have no tail fins. If i removed all the tetras with the white spots and continue to keep the temp up, would this clear the ich in the tank? I want to try to save my plants from the meds

I wish i could tell you the meds i used, it was in japanese. It turned my water blue. Either the med or raising the temp increase the effect of ich. One of my tetras tail fin was gone and two more will soon have no tail fins. If i removed all the tetras with the white spots and continue to keep the temp up, would this clear the ich in the tank? I want to try to save my plants from the meds

I used to use rid ich which had methelyne blue in it and formaldehyde... It killed my beneficial bacteria and then my fish got ammonia burn and their fins practically dissolved, it was horrible! I'm not sure what it's effect is on plants. I now use meds as a last resort as heat and salt alone seem to do the trick. I don't know how the heat and salt will treat your plants though!

lymphocystis--- look it up

Oh dear I hope that's not it, that sounds nasty!!! I put him in a qt tank and gave him hikari frozen blood worms enriched with vitamins for dinner... It was the first time I've seen him legitimately eat in a while. I got meds for parasites but I don't think it'll do much if it's that virus! Blegh!

ok the paracite meds will work fine. i ask a few profecinals for you and they said its either that or white spots duhhhh lol. any way if its white spot then theres a paracite worm in there and it will eventualy come out and thats when the infection starts . so the maracyn 2 is a great med if u can get it

ok the paracite meds will work fine. i ask a few profecinals for you and they said its either that or white spots duhhhh lol. any way if its white spot then theres a paracite worm in there and it will eventualy come out and thats when the infection starts . so the maracyn 2 is a great med if u can get it
Thank you for your help!!

The worms have started coming out and leaving behind small holes after I started treating with general cure which cures internal and external parasites. I'm assuming the meds are working since the worms are coming out. My petsmart carries the maracyn two... Do you know if that kills the parasite or kills the infection?
Once the worms are gone I think I will do tons of water changes and maybe use melafix to help heal the holes. From my research this seems to be hole in the head disease. I hope he makes it, outlook sounds grim :-/

So I am on day three of using the parasite medication and all those white bumps are gone! There are noticeable holes left behind but they do not look red or inflamed and are quite small. He does have some excess mucous, perhaps a result of the general cure? He's still not eating.

I think I'll do the parasite treatment for another day or two then I will start with melafix to heal the holes. Thank you all for your support, I think he's on the mend

Back
Top Bottom