white fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbjrc

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello, I have my 55 gallon tank running without any fish in it, and i noticed on the filter there was a whit fungus growing on it. Also on the door to the tank there is some growing. Is it dangerouse to fish and how do i get rid of it?

Not sure I really understand your question mbjrc. How long has your tank been running? Could this possibly be a mineral build up on your filter (quite common)? What exactly is the door to the tank? If you mean the hinged canopy I'm thinking it's definitely mineral and won't harm your fish at all.

I have a filter that hangs on the back of the tank. Its on the two filters and there is some on the top, where you open it to feed the fish, its been running for a few months.

I have this problem too, sometimes, and it is harmless. Just a build up of water and bacteria on the surfaces of your aquarium. Whenever you trap bacteria (your tank water) in an area, and expose it to heat from the water, light, etc, it will grow.

Just wipe it off, and clean more often...other than that it's harmless.

Back
Top Bottom