Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

White Fuzz on Molly

I have a Dalmatian Molly who was showing signs of ich last week (flashing, had a couple spots), and also had a white-ish path of fuzz on her head so I started treating with Seachem ParaGuard. It has been 5 days of treatment and the ich spots seem to have gone away, but the white fuzz patch seems to have gotten worse. She also appears to go stiff sometimes and seem to have some sort of seizure-like episode. How do I treat this?

Old 03-07-2021, 03:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yikes! Any change to this behavior? Fungal secondary infections are not uncommon but most ich medications also treat those so I would keep dosing the paraguard.

Old 03-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Weird Molly Behavior

The fungal patch seems to have subsided but there is still a lingering piece and I've been using Paraguard already for 10 days. Also, the Molly has been doing something very weird. Sometimes she starts shaking a bit and swims underneath another female Molly and rubs her head against the other molly's stomach. I have no idea what this means
Old 03-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Keep up with the para guard then!

What youíre describing sounds like breeding behavior.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

They're 2 females though with no males in the tank

Tags
molly, white

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com