White fuzzy spot on healthy platy?? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice_016

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have one platy that has a white spot on her, she is healthy and last time i treated the tank with mardal maracyn the fish with a white spot died. so when i saw a white spot on my other platy i decided to just treat with a little extra salt in the tank. thought it was working and the white spot started to fade.
Now i see my other platy has a white fuzzy spot all of a sudden. And one of our fry just died. Tank is fully established. All levels are good and steady and have been for over a year. Do regular water changes.
I try to avoid chemicals as much as possible. Should I just up the salt a bit? Any idea of what to do.
I'm just about to add 4 guppy fry I got from a friend. They are floating in the tank now, ready for their separated net area in the tank

My featherfin cat had a white spot that looked kinda like a fungus without the fuz, due to the delicate skin I used melifix and it worked great. Bout all I can tell you without a picrure.

Back
Top Bottom