White mouth platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newguy8817

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hiya folk, relatively new to the hobby. Think I might have a sick fish. I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank,6 mollies 3 platties and 5 Cory catfish. Have had my tank set up for about 2.5 mos. I have a platy that has a white mouth and not sure what it is. Don't really want to lose my platy was one of the first fish i got when i started this. Please help.

Attachments

• 1470182708229-2005254573.jpg
    1470182708229-2005254573.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 1470182750866-1236096305.jpg
    1470182750866-1236096305.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 85
Tested water again, ph, 72, nitrites 0, nitrates 0. Kept reading about nitrates test is hard to get a reading. Been 0 since my tank has cycled, so beat the test tube on the counter for the minute or so that test required and still 0? How is that? Have a few water sprites and a couple of other live plants, a driftwood. Lost my platy lastnight and fixin' to lose a one of my dalmation mollies today i think to same thing. What the crap? Read yor article Delapool but not sure what to do.This whatever it is took less than 3 days to take my fish. Frustrated fish keeper.

Tested water again, ph, 72, nitrites 0, nitrates 0. Kept reading about nitrates test is hard to get a reading. Been 0 since my tank has cycled, so beat the test tube on the counter for the minute or so that test required and still 0? How is that? Have a few water sprites and a couple of other live plants, a driftwood. Lost my platy lastnight and fixin' to lose a one of my dalmation mollies today i think to same thing. What the crap? Read yor article Delapool but not sure what to do.This whatever it is took less than 3 days to take my fish. Frustrated fish keeper.

I think that sounds ok for tank.

Sorry, I forgot to add that it sounds like columnaris (bacterial infection). First photo in the external bacterial infections in the link if that helps?

It would be onto antibiotics like below.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/fungus-guard-tabs-8pk

Furan-2 alone will not stop columnaris, but i dont see it. Are you sure its just not a coloration change in his face?

Back
Top Bottom