White poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
What causes white poop? I was looking in my tank and noticed my platy was popping white. I've read this is a sign of internal parasites. I also feed blanched zucchini for my pleco every few days. My platys some time nibble on it. Could this be a cause of the white poop? Please help!

White poop it is not always a sign of parasites. In my experience the poo needs to be white kind of translucid, long, stringy, and really hard to detach from the fish to be related to parasites.
I would recommend you to observe the fish at least for another couple of days, if still shows this white, stringy poo, then will be good to try to give him some medicated food (with anti-parasites medicine).
The most effective way to treat against parasites is the medicated food, once the fish stop eating it is really hard to cure them from internal parasites .

Hope this help you

White poop it is not always a sign of parasites. In my experience the poo needs to be white kind of translucid, long, stringy, and really hard to detach from the fish to be related to parasites.
I would recommend you to observe the fish at least for another couple of days, if still shows this white, stringy poo, then will be good to try to give him some medicated food (with anti-parasites medicine).
The most effective way to treat against parasites is the medicated food, once the fish stop eating it is really hard to cure them from internal parasites .

Hope this help you

It's not stringy at all... This will sound gross but it's all one piece, not bubbly or any breaks in it,
And it's no where near translucent, it's like a solid white and you can see through it.

Back
Top Bottom