white ring around betta's mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m.bug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
he looked normal last night. when i woke up this morning i noticed he had a ring of white around his mouth. after a few hours it seems to have gotten bigger, moving up to almost his eyes. he seems lethargic. he's just been sitting on the suction cup that holds up the heater.
the only thing i can think of is-- i have been adding liquid calcium to help out my snails for the past three days. could this have anything to do with it? does anyone have any ideas on what the white stuff is?

:( he's not good. Hes barely moving and not eating. His gills are barely moving and even the slightest current seems too much for him...

I transferred him to a smaller bowl in a last ditch effort to give him a fighting chance to come back, but... he doesn't look good at all.

The rest of the fish in the tank are doing fine, thank god, except for one of tetra that looks a little pale...

I don't think hes going to make it much longer, it sucks seeing my fish die... :(

He just deteriorated so fast! :(

Sorry to hear about your betta. I have no idea what it could be. Sounds fungal though. Hopefully An t-iasg will stop by and have some advice for you. :(

Back
Top Bottom