white splotch on black ghost knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cellar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there, i'm new here so bare with me.
I have a black ghost knife who i've had for about a year and a half and he's about 6 inches or so. About a week ago in an attempt to control some green water i vaccumed and did a 50% water change in my 55 gallon. The tank has been up and running with no problems since about november. After i removed some decor and cleaned it with a mild bleach solution that my local aquarium shop recommended, I let it sit and dry for 2 days to make sure all the bleach had evaped away. Well after putting my bgk's favorite rock back in (he hides inside a fake rock) a day later he developed a white cloudy patch on his side, initially about the size of a quarter. it's spreading slowly but is still concentrated on his sides but his fins and behavior havent really changed. He still eats all the bloodworms he can get and isnt rubbing when he comes out.
I have a 9" clown knife, 4" lima shovelnose, two oscars, two rams and a krib in there with some trumpet snails, crayfish, and a red clawed crab. I also added a hatchling red ear slider about a month ago and since have vaccumed the tank every week with a water change. the tank has a fluval 205 and a bio wheel in there. I dont know the specific levels but had the water tested and it was in the clear.
thanks for any help

Did you have the lfs test your water? If so they will be able to tell you the exact parameters. Sounds like a fungal infection, could be brought on by bacterial illness or perhaps and injury that got infected. Can you get a pic?

Back
Top Bottom