White Spot on Lip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-JD-

Aquarium Advice Regular
White Spot on Harley Lip

One of my Harlequin Rasboras has had a single white raised spot on his lip for about 2 weeks now. I haven't noticed any other spots anywhere else, and none are on my other fish. He seems to be healthy otherwise; eats fine, swims normally, etc. It may be getting larger, but so is he, so I'm not quite sure. Any idea what it might be? Here are a few pics (sorry for the quality, but he is quick!):

37579-albums1791-picture12116.jpg

37579-albums1791-picture12115.jpg

37579-albums1791-picture12114.jpg

37579-albums1791-picture12113.jpg

37579-albums1791-picture12112.jpg

Thanks

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like a injury rather than disease. Keep your water conditions pristine for a week or so and monitor the area for secondary infections like fuzzy stuff or signs or the condition worsens.

Thanks Hukit. I'll keep an eye on it.

Coincidentally, after I did the weekly pwc this evening, it seemed to look a little better.

Oh great, thank you so much! One of my cardinals has this too and I was wondering what it was... until now!

-JD- said:
One of my Harlequin Rasboras has had a single white raised spot on his lip for about 2 weeks now. I haven't noticed any other spots anywhere else, and none are on my other fish. He seems to be healthy otherwise; eats fine, swims normally, etc. It may be getting larger, but so is he, so I'm not quite sure. Any idea what it might be? Here are a few pics (sorry for the quality, but he is quick!):

Thanks

I have 2 fish with that. One is a tiger danio and the other is a rainbow fish. The raindow for sure looks like a piece of skin and I dont know how he gets it. My danios is more like a whitehead pimple. It comes and goes.

Lifeoffroad said:
I have 2 fish with that. One is a tiger danio and the other is a rainbow fish. The raindow for sure looks like a piece of skin and I dont know how he gets it. My danios is more like a whitehead pimple. It comes and goes.

By the way if it where cottonmouth their chins would swell up and they wount close their mouths. I lost 2 fish tto that stuff it's pretty nasty.

That is exactly what is going on with of my harlequin rasboras. I bought them that way . I treated with anti bacterial food and no real change. It dosent seem to affect their day to day lives. It's odd that you have the same thing with your rasboras because after reading a bit on the net I have heard if the same thing happening tobothers with that particular species..

Getting close to 3 months now, and mine are still affected. Some days it appears to get a little bigger, but generally it stays the same size. Other than that, they seem to be happy and healthy. Wonder of it's a genetic thing?

Back
Top Bottom