White spot went away on its own.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok here is my story...

I went to local fish store, and saw a specie of fish I liked. There was around 20 of them, in roughly 30g tank. All juveniles. I didn't check them out, as I was in a rush.

I decided to buy 1 of the fish out of impulse, and let the fish store owner pick any of them. I didn't check the fish at all... Was thinking to myself how risky this was on the drive back home.

When I got home and added the fish, I analysed the fish to check it out. I was very happy with the colour and shape of fish, but did notice around 4 or so big white spots on it. (ich)

I decided to leave it alone and do nothing, and see what happens in the next few weeks. (risky, I know).
My water is very very healthy. I did fishless cycle at 4ppm. The temperature and PH is perfect for this fish. And my tank is very understocked. So I wanted to see what would happen.

After keeping my eye on fish, I noticed the white spot slowly falling in numbers over a period of 2 weeks.

Its now been 2 weeks since i've had a single white spot. And no white spot ever spread to any other fish...

- I did not use any meds
- I did not add salt
- I did not raise temp
- I just did my usual weekly water change, and nothing extra.

Is this normal to happen? Is the white spot gone?

Is your situation normal? Probably not. Just like some people can fight off diseases on their own that others can't I'm sure the same applies to animals... But I do have a question...u said 4 big white spots. Are u SURE it was ich? If you are I would at least do a really good gravel vaccuum to make sure the parasite is gone

Im pretty sure it was ich...
Im no doctor though.

Looked like grains of salt on fish.

Yeah I always gravel vac when I do water change.

Thank you for the response.

Sounds to me like a fungus of some sort. Ich would be ALL over your fish, like it was sprinkled with salt. A couple big spots indicates something else. Plus the odds of fighting off Ich without some sort of treatment odds are very low for survival. My Bolivian has something similar and since she was acting normal I kept my WC's up and now they are starting to disappear. Pretty sure it's a fungus. I'm not a fan of adding meds except for Ich.

It could have been...

Does fungus sometimes look like white spot?

Edit:
Fish was flashing when I first got it. Not anymore...

Back
Top Bottom