White spots ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willthare2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all I have 3 Molly's and 2 guppies and today I got 3 corys, iv just seen spots on all the Molly's and one guppie. I read theres a heat treatment that works but would it be bad for the new fish??

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your fish have a sickness called ich. Every aquarium store that sells medication will sell a treatment for ich. Ich is the most common highly contagious parasite fish can get. there is a couple ways to treat this. Turn up the temp of your aquarium between 78 and 80 degrees F. Than take out activated carbon if you are using it in your filter. Any other filter material is fine when treating ich. After the ich is gone do a 25% water change or put in activated carbon. The name of the ich treatment I used when my fish had ich is called API super ick cure. My fish were fully treated within less than a week when I was using this medication.

Hate to hijack this thread but I treated my tank for ick and 2 days after I didn't see any spot my platys are scratching their side now and they never did while I was treating ich for the past week??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your fish have a sickness called ich. Every aquarium store that sells medication will sell a treatment for ich. Ich is the most common highly contagious parasite fish can get. there is a couple ways to treat this. Turn up the temp of your aquarium between 78 and 80 degrees F. Than take out activated carbon if you are using it in your filter. Any other filter material is fine when treating ich. After the ich is gone do a 25% water change or put in activated carbon. The name of the ich treatment I used when my fish had ich is called API super ick cure. My fish were fully treated within less than a week when I was using this medication.

Hey thank you for your reply. Well iv turn the temp up and I'll go get some meds tomo. So it really isn't like a lethal thing then and Easley treatable? Cheers

I'm not a fan of any chemicals for ich. Usually just raising the temperature will do, along with the usual fish keeping routine, an established filter, water changes and quality food without overfeeding.

Lol I wish you said that earlyer I have a big proberlem now I put some meds In and it turnt the water blue but should filter out shortly later we had bad weather which fallen trees have broke power lines and we have had a power cut for just over 24 hrs now so the poor fish are sitting In 19 degrees blue water.

Be careful with the meds they can stain ur decorations blue as well. They did to me. Amd my caulk on the corners are now stained. Next time I'm gonna do salt treatment and heat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Might I suggest salt? ffs their mollies and guppies, they love salinity all the way up to full brackish!

Back
Top Bottom