White Spreading quickly on betta face. HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lyssmich

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! So this morning I noticed my betta, who I've had for almost three months now had a white film around it's mouth and swollen lips. I immediately removed it from my 10 gal and into a QT tank. Now it has spread to almost here eyes in less than twelve hours. The swelling has gone down from it's lips. I read about cotton mouth, yet this isn't a cotton consistency. I'm at a loss. The only thing that was different was I added be on tetras to the tank last night and when I woke up he had this. He is also not eating and looking lethargic. I bought "betta revive" which is supposed to help with bacterial and fungal infections. Has anyone had this happen or know what to do?? Please and thank you in advance!! :) image-3521430509.jpg

UPDATE**********************************
It seems it IS cotton mouth and is now getting it's "cottony" layer. I already have him in aq salt, is there any recommended medications for him as well?

Try hydrogen peroxide if you are in a jam. I dosed ~.5 mL per gallon of 3% solution for my tank and it helped iwth the columnaris. I am currently undergoing the same issue with my tank Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom