White stuff on Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had recently put my betta in my 10 gallon and about after a week in the tank, it started to get some white stuff on it. It grew on the betta's fin and body. There was only a little patch on it's fin in the morning and when I saw it, I though it could be ich so I turned the temperature up to 82, (Temp was 79 before) When I got home from my friends house. It spread much more and it even had some on the top of it's mouth. It looked a bit like some kind of fungus. My dwarf puffer had died about a week ago. It also had some white fungus like stuff on it's mouth as well. What I noticed the betta doing before it died the day before was it started biting the co2 bubbles. Oh and I added some feeder guppies to breed myself to feed my angelfish. Not sure if that contributed to the white fungus like stuff. The guppies I currently have look completely health. Nothing unusal. Oh there's some good news though, I have 5 more guppy fry. Nothing can eat them except the filter since all the fish in there have small mouths :).

It sounds like your betta had body/mouth fungus. I think its called columnaris. Not positive on that though. You say your betta has passed on already? Are all your fish in this tank together?

Keep an eye on your fish for any signs of disease. I would do small partial water changes a couple times a week, for the next few weeks, just to keep the water extra clean. If you notice any signs of fungus on any other fish, I would medicate.

My swordtail in my other tank has caught it as well..... My angels are doing fine though. I don't want to medicate the whole tank and I dont have a quarantine tank. Do I have to use medication to help heal it or can I just keep the water clean?

Back
Top Bottom